Our research is based on the underlying hypothesis that the ability to inhibit an oncogenic pathway and block cancer growth will vary based on cell lineage and the complement of mutations within the tumor. To design rational therapeutic studies, we must define not only the spectrum of genetic changes within particular tumor types but also the mechanisms by which these alterations support tumor growth, survival, metastasis, and other hallmarks of cancer.
David B. Solit, MD
Director, Marie-Josée & Henry R. Kravis Center for Molecular Oncology
Research FocusPhysician-scientist David Solit studies human oncology and pathogenesis, genomics, oncogenes and tumor suppressors, cancer therapeutics, and clinical trials.
EducationMD, University of Pennsylvania
- Xing F, Persaud Y, Pratilas CA, Taylor BS, Janakiraman M, She QB, Gallardo H, Liu C, Merghoub T, Hefter B, Dolgalev I, Viale A, Heguy A, De Stanchina E, Cobrinik D, Bollag G, Wolchok J, Houghton A, Solit DB. Concurrent loss of the PTEN and RB1 tumor suppressors attenuates RAF dependence in melanomas harboring (V600E)BRAF. Oncogene. 2012 Jan 26;31(4):446-57. doi: 10.1038/onc.2011.250. Epub 2011 Jul 4.
- Poulikakos PI, Persaud Y, Janakiraman M, Kong X, Ng C, Moriceau G, Shi H, Atefi M, Titz B, Gabay MT, Salton M, Dahlman KB, Tadi M, Wargo JA, Flaherty KT, Kelley MC, Misteli T, Chapman PB, Sosman JA, Graeber TG, Ribas A, Lo RS, Rosen N, Solit DB. RAF inhibitor resistance is mediated by dimerization of aberrantly spliced BRAF(V600E). Nature. 2011 Nov 23;480(7377):387-90. doi: 10.1038/nature10662.
- Member, American Society for Clinical Investigation (2011)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator Award for Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2007)
- Kimmel Scholar, Sidney Kimmel Foundation for Cancer Research (2007)
- Career Development Award, American Society of Clinical Oncology (2002)
- Young Investigator Award, American Society of Clinical (2001)
- Doris Duke Translational Award, Doris Duke Foundation (2001)
- Clinical Scholars Research Fellow, National Institutes of Health (2000)