All applicants must complete and submit the online application form by December 1 of the year prior to entry.
In addition, applicants must supply:
- official final transcripts from all institutions attended
- three letters of recommendation from advisors and/or research mentors, to be submitted online by the recommenders
- official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE), which includes verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing sections
- official scores for a GRE Subject Test, if taken (highly recommended)
- official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam for applicants who do not speak English as their first language (can be waived for applicants who earned their undergraduate degrees in the United States)
Applicants who, on the basis of their submitted application materials, are being seriously considered for acceptance will be invited for interviews. The requirement for in-person interviews may be waived if geographical constraints are overwhelming, and may be substituted with telephone/video interviews.
The Admissions Committee considers all data available for each applicant before making its decision.
|August 1||Application now open|
|December 1||Application closes; all supplemental materials due|
|January||First visit and interviews|
|February 1||Decision letters sent out|
|March - April||Second visit for accepted applicants|
|April 15||Deadline to accept offer of admission|
|Last week of July||Orientation and first week of school|