Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Researchers to work in the laboratory of Alban Ordureau in the Cell Biology Department at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) in New York.
The successful applicant will deploy a state-of-the-art blend of biochemical, cellular, proteomic, and genetic methodologies. They will gain experience in understanding signal transduction pathways linked to cellular functions and how they are linked to disease.
We are a dynamic and multidisciplinary group looking to appoint experienced and highly motivated researchers with cutting edge expertise in one (or more) of the following areas:
- Mechanistic cell biology focused on understanding and analyzing signal transduction pathways with an emphasis on cellular homeostasis (ubiquitin and autophagic systems). The applicants will employ a multidisciplinary approach, including molecular, biochemical, proteomic, and genetic methodologies such as CRISPR-Cas9 editing technology. There will be an opportunity to gain experience in proteomics.
- Biology of stem cell-induced neurons focused on the study of neurological disorders. One of this position’s responsibilities will be to contribute to developing in vitro neuronal differentiation protocols and the production of engineered cells to study neurological disorders. The preferred candidate would have hands-on experience with the culturing and maintenance of undifferentiated iPSC or ESC. Additionally, experience with flow cytometry, FACS sorting, and CRISPR-Cas9 editing technology is preferable, but not necessary. There will be an opportunity to gain experience in proteomics and biochemistry.
- Mass spectrometry/analytical chemistry with expertise in quantitative proteomic analysis. Experience in nanoLC-MS/MS and Orbitrap-based mass spectrometers is preferable, but not necessary, and training can be provided. Experience in proteomics sample preparation (e.g., protein extraction, HPLC separation), mass spectrometry technical development is preferred. Some knowledge or desire to learn Python, R, and the ability to write and develop scripts and modify/implement open-source or published code is desirable. Enthused applicants eager to participate and gain experience in undertaking biological studies to generate samples and validate data would be advantageous, and training can be provided.
- Ph.D. with an outstanding track record and at least two first-authored publications in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals.
- Strong background in either biochemistry, proteomics, molecular biology, stem cell or signal transduction.
- Capable of working with a diverse team, but able to plan and work independently.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in English.
Please upload a CV, two letters of recommendation, and a personal statement.