Our laboratory uses a combination of cryo-electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, and functional approaches to study the mechanisms of eukaryotic ion channels involved in calcium signaling and membrane-embedded enzymes.
Stephen B. Long, PhD
Research FocusStructural biologist Stephen Long studies the mechanisms of ion channels and enzymatic membrane proteins.
- BA, Physics, Amherst College, 1994
- PhD, Biochemistry, Duke University, 2001
- Postdoc, Rockefeller University, 2007
- Melinda Diver, Leanne Pedi, Akiko Koide, Shohei Koide, Stephen B. Long. Atomic structure of the eukaryotic intramembrane RAS methyltransferase ICMT. Nature. 2018 Jan 25; 553(7689):526-529. (Abstract | Manuscript | Atomic Coordinates)
- George Vaisey, Alexandria Miller, Stephen B. Long. Distinct regions that control ion selectivity and calcium-dependent activation in the bestrophin ion channel. PNAS. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1614688113. Published online November 7 2016. (Abstract | Atomic Coordinates)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2016)
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences (2006-2014)