Our laboratory uses a combination of cryo-electron microscopy, x-ray crystallography, and functional approaches to study the mechanisms of eukaryotic ion channels involved in calcium signaling and membrane-embedded enzymes.
Stephen B. Long, PhD
Research FocusStephen Long’s research group studies ion channels and enzymatic membrane proteins.
- BA, Physics, Amherst College, 1994
- PhD, Biochemistry, Duke University, 2001
- Postdoc, Rockefeller University, 2007
- Vaisey, G., & Long, S. B. (2018). An allosteric mechanism of inactivation in the calcium-dependent chloride channel BEST1. The Journal of General Physiology, jgp.201812190. (Abstract)
- Hou, X., Burstein, S. R., & Long, S. B. (2018). Structures reveal opening of the store-operated calcium channel Orai. eLife, 7. (Manuscript | Atomic Coordinates)
- Louise and Allston Boyer Young Investigator in Basic Research, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2016)
- Burroughs Wellcome Career Award in the Biomedical Sciences (2006-2014)