- Elucidating mechanisms that control entosis induction and effects on cell populations in response to nutrient starvation.
- Examination of entosis in development, including identification of mechanistic connections between entosis and cell competition in developing tissues.
- Investigating the therapeutic potential of ferroptosis induction in cancer, in collaboration with Michelle Bradbury.
- Investigating the mechanism of ferroptosis spreading and cell rupture.
- Examination of autophagy protein functions in endocytic trafficking.
- Elucidation of mechanisms that control nutrient export from lysosomes.
- Identification of lysosome quality control mechanisms.