Emily H. Cheng, MD, PhD
Attending Pathologist, Department of Pathology; Member, Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program
Research FocusPhysician-scientist Emily Cheng focuses on the molecular mechanisms of cell death and their implications in tumorigenesis and cancer therapy, with primary emphasis on lung and kidney cancers.
- MD, Taipei Medical University
- PhD, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Ren D, Tu H, Kim H, Wang GX, Bean GR, Takeuchi O, Jeffers JR, Zambetti GP, Hsieh JJD, Cheng EHY. BID, BIM, and PUMA are essential for activation of the BAX- and BAK-dependent cell death program. Science. 2010 Dec 3;330(6009):1390-3. doi: 10.1126/science.1190217.
- Kim H, Rafiuddin-Shah M, Tu HC, Jeffers J, Zambetti GP, Hsieh JJD, Cheng EHY. Hierarchical regulation of mitochondrion-dependent apoptosis by BCL-2 subfamilies. Nat Cell Biol. 2006 Dec;8(12):1348-58. Epub 2006 Nov 19.
- Distinguished Investigator Award, Washington University School of Medicine (2010)
- Searle Scholar Award (2005)
- Howard Temin Award, National Cancer Institute (2003)