We are seeking outstanding postdoctoral candidates with a background in computational biology, experience in next generation sequencing analysis and an interest in cancer genomics.
The applicant will work closely with the computational oncology service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC) to analyze high-quality wholegenome and RNA sequencing data from cancer patients and inform future diagnostic and therapeutic strategies. The research will focus on paediatric cancer patients, patients enrolled in active clinical trials, patients with advanced disease and no available therapeutic treatments, patients with no known drivers as well as spatially and temporally separated samples obtained by serial sampling or surgical resection.
The postdoctoral researcher will work with an expanding team of research, clinical and computational investigators working in cancer genomics. Our mission is to establish a fully integrated research program that coordinates basic scientific discovery, early-phase clinical trials, and drug development. As part of the center’s clinical and research investigations we are generating a wealth of genomic annotation data. To support and inform both ongoing and future research in cancer, we are building end-to-end infrastructure for large-scale innovative experimental and computational methodologies.
- Ensure generation of high-quality genome profiling data and integration of large complex datasets for analysis.
- Develop ideas and drive own independent research.
- Present findings in meetings, and submit research for peer review and publication.
- Work independently and as a team member contributing towards collaborative research initiatives in the laboratory.
- PhD in Computational Biology, or a related quantitative field.
- Demonstrated experience in use of NGS datasets and related technologies.
- Proficient in at least one of R (preferred), MATLAB.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (eg: Perl, Python, C)
- Good written and oral English communication skills.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions about our laboratory, and to address any informal questions or inquiries to Seon Ball at [email protected]g