The bioinformatics data scientist will work with an expanding team of research, clinical and computational investigators working in cancer genomics. The Bioinformatics Data Scientist will be involved in the analysis of high-throughput cancer genomics (DNA, RNA, methylation/ epigenetic data), ensure quality control metrics and work alongside research and clinical colleagues to drive cutting edge research in cancer genomics.
Our mission is to establish a fully integrated research program that coordinates basic scientific discovery, early-phase clinical trials, and drug development. As part of the center’s clinical and research investigations we are generating a wealth of genomic annotation data to inform clinical decision support and develop diagnostic and disease surveillance assays informed by molecular markers.
The research will focus on pediatric cancer patients, patients enrolled in active clinical trials, patients with advanced disease and no available therapeutic treatments, patients with no known drivers as well as spatially and temporally separated samples obtained by serial sampling or surgical resection.
- Masters in bioinformatics – or related quantitative discipline.
- At least 2 years experience in working with genome profiling data to include DNA NGS data, RNA- Seq and / or epigenetic platforms (CHIP-Seq, MBD-Seq, ATAC-seq, DNAse-seq or related platforms).
- Experience with next-generation analysis toolkits (PICARD, GATK, samtools, MACS, STAR, etc.)
- Advanced skills in Perl or Python
- R or R shiny applications
- Experience in Bioinformatics software development
- IT process management, version control, and use case testing
- Experience with parallelized computing
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions about our laboratory, and to address any informal questions or inquiries to Yesenia Werner, firstname.lastname@example.org.