Memorial Hospital Research Laboratories
The Tobias Hohl Lab
We investigate the immune response to human fungal pathogens and, conversely, the mechanisms that enable fungi to cause infectious diseases. To illuminate these processes, we generate fluorescent-based tools to monitor the outcome of fungal cell – host cell encounters and examine the role of both inhaled fungal spores and of endogenous fungal communities, termed the mycobiome, in fungal disease development.
Tobias M. Hohl, MD, PhD
Chief, Infectious Diseases Service
- Physician-scientist Tobias Hohl studies the molecular pathogenesis of human fungal pathogens and how the immune system responds to them.
- MD, Weill Medical College of Cornell University
- PhD, Weill Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University
- Fellow, American Academy of Microbiology (2021)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Investigation (2016)
- Investigator in the Pathogenesis of Infectious Diseases, Burrroughs Wellcome Fund (2014)
- Fellow, Infectious Diseases Society of America (2012)
- Young Investigator Award, American Society of Microbiology (2009)
To learn more about available postdoctoral opportunities, please visit our Career Center
Get in Touch
Doctors and faculty members often work with pharmaceutical, device, biotechnology, and life sciences companies, and other organizations outside of MSK, to find safe and effective cancer treatments, to improve patient care, and to educate the health care community.
MSK requires doctors and faculty members to report (“disclose”) the relationships and financial interests they have with external entities. As a commitment to transparency with our community, we make that information available to the public.
Tobias M. Hohl discloses the following relationships and financial interests:
The information published here is for a specific annual disclosure period. There may be differences between information on this and other public sites as a result of different reporting periods and/or the various ways relationships and financial interests are categorized by organizations that publish such data.
This page and data include information for a specific MSK annual disclosure period (January 1, 2021 through disclosure submission in spring 2022). This data reflects interests that may or may not still exist. This data is updated annually.