Human Oncology & Pathogenesis Program
The Ping Chi Lab
It is well recognized that the cellular context contributes to susceptibility to oncogenic transformation mediated by different “driver” oncogenes. The focus of our laboratory is to discover and understand the critical genetic and epigenetic factors that determine the cellular-context-dependent oncogenesis in distinct cancer types, with a primary focus on sarcoma and melanoma. We use multimodality approaches, including transcriptome analyses, epigenome mapping, and gene-expression-based high-throughput screens, as well as murine models to understand the mechanisms of pathogenesis and to develop biomarkers and targeted therapies based on insight into disease pathogenesis.
Chi P, Chen Y, Zhang L, Guo X, Wongvipat J, Shamu T, Fletcher JA, Dewell S, Maki RG, Zheng D, Antonescu CR, Allis CD, Sawyers CL. ETV1 is a lineage survival factor that cooperates with KIT in gastrointestinal stromal tumours. Nature. 2010 Oct 14;467(7317):849-53. doi: 10.1038/nature09409. Epub 2010 Oct 3.
Chen Y, Shamu T, Chen H, Besmer P, Sawyers CL, Chi P. Visualization of the interstital cells of cajal (ICC) network in mice. Journal of Visualized Experiments, JoVE 2011; Jul27;(53).pii2802. doi10.3791/2802.
Chen Y, Chi P, Rockowitz S, Iaquinta PJ, Shamu T, Shukla S, Gao D, Sirota I, Carver BS, Wongvipat J, Scher HI, Zheng D, Sawyers CL. (2013) ETS factors reprogram the androgen receptor cistrome and prime prostate tumorigenesis in response to PTEN loss. Nature Medicine. In press
Ping Chi, MD, PhD
- Physician-scientist Ping Chi studies genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of transcriptional regulation by oncogenic factors in GIST, MPNST, melanoma and other solid tumors.
- MD, Weill Cornell Medical College
- PhD, The Rockefeller University
- View physician profile
- Physician profile
- Kimmel Scholar Award, Sidney Kimmel Foundation (2012)
- Research Grant, Sarcoma Foundation of America (2012)
- Grant, GIST Cancer Awareness Foundation (2012)
- Director’s New Innovator Award, National Institutes of Health (2012)
- Clinical Scientist Development Award, National Instistutes of Health (2011)