Omar Abdel-Wahab is an Assistant Member in the Human Oncology and Pathogenesis Program (HOPP) and an Attending Physician on the Leukemia Service in the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. Dr. Abdel-Wahab’s research focuses on the role of disordered epigenetic modifiers in the pathogenesis of hematopoietic malignancies.
- Micol JB, Pastore A, Inoue D, Duployez N, Kim E, Lee SC, Durham BH, Chung YR, Cho H, Zhang XJ, Yoshimi A, Krivtsov A, Koche R, Solary E, Sinha A, Preudhomme C, Abdel-Wahab O. ASXL2 is essential for haematopoiesis and acts as a haploinsufficient tumour suppressor in leukemia. Nat Commun. 2017 May 18;8:15429. doi: 10.1038/ncomms15429. PubMed
- Lee SC, Abdel-Wahab O. Therapeutic targeting of splicing in cancer. Nat Med. 2016 Sep 7;22(9):976-86. doi: 10.1038/nm.4165. Review. PubMed
- Seldin-Smith Award for Pioneering Research, American Society of Clinical Investigation
- Pershing Square Sohn Prize for Young Investigators in Cancer Research
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society Clinical Scholar Award
- Joanne Levy Memorial Award for Outstanding Achievement, American Society of Hematology
- V Scholar Award, V Foundation