- Make transformative discoveries in lipid metabolism. Our goal is to make innovative discoveries that contribute to a) scientific knowledge of fundamental biological processes, and b) useful knowledge that changes human practice.
- Train the next generation of scientists. We aim to provide teaching and an environment that develops outstanding scientists and leaders.
- Respect others
- Collaboration and mutual support
- Hard work and growth mindset
- Scientific rigor and quality
- Open, honest, and direct communication
- Cell biology and physiology of energy storage in lipid droplets
- Lipid degradation in the lysosome in health and disease
- Cancer and lipid metabolism
Biochemistry/biophysics; cell biology; physiology and animal models; human cell models; advanced microscopy; mass spectrometry-based analytics, including proteomics and leading-edge lipidomics; systems biology and genetic screens