My lab studies the role and regulation of alternative 3’UTRs.
We recently discovered that 3’UTRs mediate protein-protein interactions. We are currently focusing on the question of how alternative 3’UTRs determine protein localization and protein functions.
Christine Mayr, MD, PhD
Research FocusMolecular biologist Christine Mayr studies how the noncoding parts of transcription units (3’UTRs) determine protein function and protein localization.
- MD, Free University Berlin
- PhD, Humboldt University Berlin
- Lee SH*, Singh I*, Tisdale S, Abdel-Wahab O, Leslie CS, Mayr C. Widespread intronic polyadenylation inactivates tumor suppressor genes in leukemia. Nature, in press.
- Berkovits BD, Mayr C. Alternative 3’UTRs act as scaffolds to regulate membrane protein localization. Nature 522, 363-367 (2015). Epub 2015 Apr 20.
- NIH Director’s Pioneer Award (2016)
- Pershing Square Sohn Prize for Young Investigators in Cancer Research (2015)
- Damon Runyon-Rachleff Innovation Award, Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation (2012)
- Kimmel Scholar Award, Sidney Kimmel Foundation (2011)