Human Oncology & Pathogenesis Program
The Timothy Chan Lab
The focus of my laboratory is to understand the genomic basis of tumor development and treatment response. We use both large-scale genomic analyses and functional dissection to determine what drives oncogenesis. From this information, we seek to develop improved diagnostic and therapeutic modalities for human cancers.
Veeriah S, Brennan C, Meng S, Singh B, Fagin JA, Solit DB, Paty PB, Rohle D, Vivanco I, Chmielecki J, Pao W, Ladanyi M, Gerald WL, Liau L, Cloughesy TC, Mischel PS, Sander C, Taylor B, Schultz N, Major J, Heguy A, Fang F, Mellinghoff IK, Chan TA. The tyrosine phosphatase PTPRD is a tumor suppressor that is frequently inactivated and mutated in glioblastoma and other human cancers. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science USA 2009.
Fang Fang, Sevin Turcan, Andreas Rimner, Andrew Kaufman, Dilip Giri, Luc G. T. Morris, Ronglai Shen, Venkatraman Seshan, Qianxing Mo, Adriana Heguy, Stephen B. Baylin, Nita Ahuja, Agnes Viale, Joan Massague, Larry Norton, Linda T. Vahdat, Mary Ellen Moynahan, and Timothy A. Chan (2011) Breast Cancer Methylomes Establish an Epigenomic Foundation for Metastasis. Science Translational Medicine 3, 1-12.
Timothy A. Chan, MD, PhD
- Physician-scientist Timothy Chan focuses on the characterization of genetic determinants underlying response and resistance to cancer therapeutics.
- MD, PhD, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- PhD, Biophysics, The Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa, Israel (2012)
- MSc, Theoretical Physics, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel (2007)
- BSc, Physics and Mathematics, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel (2000)
- M.D. Medicine, Epidemiology, Public Health (1987), North-West State Medical University, St-Petersburg, Russia
- M.S. Information Management (2001), Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
- M.S. Computer Science (2003) Pace University, New York, NY
- Era of Hope Scholar, Department of Defense (2012)
- Frederick R. Adler Chair for Junior Faculty, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2012)
- Member, American Society of Clinical Investigation (2012)
- Distinguished Scientist Award, Sontag Foundation (2010)
- Han-Mo Koo Memorial Lectureship Award, Van Andel Institute (2010)
- Clinical Scientist Development Award, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation (2009)
- Scholar Award, Flight Attendant Medical Research Institute (2008)
- Louis V. Gerstner Investigator Award, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2008)