My laboratory’s primary expertise is in molecular imaging, targeted radio diagnosis, and therapy using small molecules and monoclonal antibodies.
Currently, I am corresponding primary investigator of Memorial Sloan Ketterings’s In Vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging Center (ICMIC) and coleader, with Ingo Mellinghoff and Charles Sawyers, of Research Project 4, studying molecular imaging correlates and biology of activation of the AR-axis in castrate-resistant prostate cancer. This project builds on extensive prior imaging collaborations with prostate cancer specialists Howard Scher, Michael Morris, and Peter Scardino and has led to the development of molecular imaging approaches to androgen receptor (AR) imaging as well as several novel radioantibodies that image downstream effectors of AR signaling.
Steven M. Larson, MD
Research FocusNuclear medicine physician Steven Larson focuses on molecular imaging in animals and humans using high-resolution diagnostic instruments, such as positron emission tomography, and single photon emission tomography.
EducationMD, University of Washington School of Medicine (Seattle)
- Pillarsetty Group
- The Joseph Osborne Lab for Cancer Health Equity
- Tumor Targeting and Cell-trafficking Studies of 131I/124I]-FIAU-labeled Genetically Modified Antigen-specific Lymphocytes
- Noninvasive Diagnosis and Quantitation of Multi-drug Resistance by PET
- Multi-step Targeting in Radioimmunodiagnosis and Radioimmunotherapy
- Phillips E, Penate-Medina O, Zanzonico PB, Carvajal RD, Mohan P, Ye Y, Humm J, Gönen M, Kalaigian H, Schöder H, Strauss HW, Larson SM, Wiesner U, Bradbury MS. Clinical translation of an ultrasmall inorganic optical-PET imaging nanoparticle probe. Sci Transl Med. 2014 Oct 29;6(260):260ra149. doi: 10.1126/scitranslmed.3009524. Epub 2014 Oct 29.
Pandit-Taskar N, O’Donoghue JA, Beylergil V, Lyashchenko S, Ruan S, Solomon SB, Durack JC, Carrasquillo JA, Lefkowitz RA, Gonen M, Lewis JS, Holland JP, Cheal SM, Reuter VE, Osborne JR, Loda MF, Smith-Jones PM, Weber WA, Bander NH, Scher HI, Morris MJ, Larson SM.⁸⁹Zr-huJ591 immuno-PET imaging in patients with advanced metastatic prostate cancer.Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014 Nov;41(11):2093-105. doi: 10.1007/s00259-014-2830-7. Epub 2014 Aug 21.PMID: 25143071
- Morris MJ, Molina A, Small EJ, de Bono JS, Logothetis CJ, Fizazi K, de Souza P, Kantoff PW, Higano CS, Li J, Kheoh T, Larson SM, Matheny SL, Naini V, Burzykowski T, Griffin TW, Scher HI, Ryan CJ. Radiographic progression-free survival as a response biomarker in metastatic castration-resistant prostate cancer: COU-AA-302 results. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Apr 20;33(12):1356-63. doi: 10.1200/JCO.2014.55.3875. Epub 2015 Jan 26.