As a Research Assistant you will assist in performing research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science based projects. You will independently craft, plan, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. You will maintain a high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and implement a quality assurance plan, as well as participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- An effective communicator, capable of resolving how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail.
- Eager to seek new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion.
- Conduct a wide variety of experimental tests for Investigators’ by developing new research methods or improving existing ones as needed.
- Ensure laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies for research experiments are prepared for testing.
- Work may involve culture and/or cell separation methods; electrophoretic separations: assays (e.g., RIA, TIA, ELISA).
- Respond to and produces reports comprising of the requested statistics for the study as requested by the laboratory head and members of the research team.
- Responsible for scheduling staff and ensuring timeliness of work; may contribute to the performance appraisal process.
- Develops proficiency testing and preparation of reports by following outlined technical procedures and supervises inventory using quality-control mechanisms and documentation.
Department: Research - Laboratory
Location: New York, NY
Salary: $63,700-$98,700 yrly.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Biology, Chemistry, etc.) or 5-7 years of work experience in a Biological Laboratory Environment.
- Masters Degree in Sciences or 3-5 years of shown experience.
- We are eager to find candidates with an appetite for knowledge and who are interested in pursuing a career in research.