We are seeking an individual with a creative and analytical mind to join Sloan Kettering Institute’s Single Cell Research Initiative (SCRI). The SCRI team accelerates biomedical discovery through the application of state-of-the-art algorithms to single-cell genomics datasets collected from patient data and from advanced mouse and organoid models of cancer. The individual will apply computational methods to data from cutting-edge technologies being generated at SCRI to explore questions of tumor heterogeneity, drug-resistance, tumor stem cells, mechanism of immunotherapy, the emergence of metastasis and the tumor-immune environment. SCRI bioinformatics is embedded in the group of Dr. Dana Pe’er, a leader in single-cell data analysis, providing guidance and a highly stimulating intellectual environment for analytical methods development.
You should have background in molecular biology with a minimum of some computer science and statistics courses or coding experience, and you should be excited to learn how to apply sophisticated algorithms to big biological data at one of the top cancer research institutes in the world. Your implementation of processing and visualization algorithms will allow data scientists, biologists and clinicians to interact with and interpret the data. A key focus is the single-cell profiling of patient samples, with the goal of improving immunotherapy and precision medicine. Join us if you are eager to learn and want to make an impact!
- Implement, apply, and evaluate methods to process, normalize, organize and visualize single-cell sequencing data
- Help to improve software pipelines and computational infrastructure at SCRI
- Provide initial analysis and biological interpretation of data
- Prepare Python notebooks for interactive engagement with the data
- Closely collaborate with research scientists, providing consultation, guidance and training on SCRI tools
- Generate figures for scientific publication
- Minimum of Bachelor’s with core biology and computer science courses, or equivalent experience
- Analytical, reasoning, statistical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to communicate with biologists
- Familiarity with high-throughput sequencing data
- Prefer experience with processing genomic data from sequencing technologies
- Knowledge of Python or R (preferably Python)
If you are interested in this position, please apply through the MSK Careers portal.