As a Research Assistant you will assist in performing research activities in collaboration with internal/external personnel to complete science based projects. You will independently craft, plan, and develop new methods and technologies for project advancement. You will maintain a high level of expertise through familiarity with scientific literature and implement a quality assurance plan, as well as participate in scientific conferences and contribute to scientific journals.
- Someone with excellent interpersonal skills, problem solving flexibility and adaptability able to interface with lab staff
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Perform cell culture and in vitro experiments (transduction, tumorigenic surrogate assays, cytotoxicity assays,…)
- Perform basic molecular biology techniques (western blot, RT-qPCR, flow cytometry,…)
- Process clinical specimens and patient-derived xenograft samples.
- Properly organize, catalog and track the samples and update the lab’s database
- Prepare laboratory equipment, instruments, solutions, stains, assays and other supplies as instructed for research experiments.
- Provide assistance with other on-going research for peers and research personnel in the laboratory by completing tasks related to the projects within the deadline specified.
- Maintain excellent record in lab notebook
- Contribute to equipment maintenance
- Purchase equipment and materials for the laboratory.
- Assist Administrative Assistant in generation of purchase order information for supplies and equipment by gathering information for online purchase
Please apply to this position in the MSKCC Job Portal under the Job ID:
2022-57852 Research Assistant
- Bachelor’s degree with prior coursework in biology.
- Cell culture and molecular biology techniques experience.
- At least 3 years of laboratory experience.