All matriculated students will receive a fellowship package that includes:
- an annual stipend ($41,000 for 2019-2020)
- a first-year allowance (to be used for books, journals, etc.)
- a tuition scholarship that covers the full cost of tuition and fees ($41,959 for 2019-2020)
- a comprehensive medical and dental insurance package
- a laptop computer at the time of matriculation
- relocation costs (up to $500)
- membership in the New York Academy of Sciences
Student stipends are supported from a variety of sources including institutional funds, philanthropic fellowships, and individual fellowships.
Students are encouraged to apply for independent funding from agencies such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Department of Defense, among others. As an incentive, students who successfully compete for individual fellowships receive $5000 per year that the grant is active as a supplement to their regular stipend.
Current Funding Opportunities
For current students, we provide a list predoctoral funding opportunities on our Intranet site.
Students who plan to present a poster or talk at a scientific meeting are encouraged to apply for one of the competitive Travel Awards from the graduate school’s travel fund.