All matriculated students will receive a fellowship package that includes:
- an annual stipend ($41,000 for 2019-2020)
- a first-year allowance (to be used for books, journals, etc.)
- a tuition scholarship that covers the full cost of tuition and fees ($41,959 for 2019-2020)
- a comprehensive medical and dental insurance package
- a laptop computer at the time of matriculation
- relocation costs (up to $500)
- membership in the New York Academy of Sciences
Student stipends are supported from a variety of sources including institutional funds, philanthropic fellowships, and a Med into Grad grant from the Howard Hughes Medical Institute.
Students are supported in their application for independent funding from agencies such as the National Institutes of Health, the National Science Foundation, and the Department of Defense, among others. Students who successfully compete for these grants are awarded an additional supplement of $5,000, on top of funds needed to help the stipend reach the annual amount ($46,000 for 2019-2020).
Current Funding Opportunities
For current students, we provide a list predoctoral funding opportunities on our Intranet site.
Students who plan to present a poster or talk at a scientific meeting are encouraged to apply for one of the competitive Travel Awards from the graduate school’s travel fund.